Monday, June 9, 2008

Hap Birf Bid!!


Today is Biddy's 34th birthday. He probably won't celebrate with a PBR like he did at his first birthday, though. We're going to Hacienda (Dad's favorite "authentic" Mexican restaurant) so I'm betting on a margarita instead.

When Bid was about 8 years old, Mom gave him a book with a flimsy little record in the back that had birthday a song recorded on it that used his name in it (8 times!). To this day, Bid and I remember the words to that song, and every year on his birthday I call him and sing it to him. Just the other day, we were discussing that song and Bid Googled it. Guess what? You can now buy mp3s of the EXACT SAME SONG. So, of course, I did. And I posted it (in a link, below) so (hopefully) everyone can share in the joy of Bid's birthday.
Happy Birthday Billy Song

Through the magic of technology, they now have anniversary, wedding, and Christmas versions, which are particularly hilarious because it is the same birthday song recorded in 1976, but they've newly edited "Anniversary," "Wedding," or "Christmas" in where "Birthday" should be. If the above link doesn't work, you can go to www.captainzoom.com and listen to the birthday/anniversary/wedding/Christmas cheese for yourself!!

Love, K-10

2 comments:

Lori said...

Hi,Kristen--
I love your blogs! You haven't changed a bit in your photo!

Love,
Lolo

Anonymous said...

I cannot express how much the blog means every time I read one. There is an "inclusion" in the fun that gets close to being there. Keep them coming... Again, Happy Birfday to to you all.

Dad