
June 1st was David's 40th birthday, but on May 31st I threw him a surprise birthday party.
It was easy getting him out of the house because he had a fishing tournament and his fishin' buddy Ed promised me he'd keep David busy afterward. With lots of help, I cooked the food, cleaned the house and set up chairs, tables and a shade awning in the backyard all in one day. Thanks to Sus, Biddy, Erin, Kelly and Dwight everything was ready when David got home. He had a little hint of what was going on when he saw 20 cars parked in front of the house (can't really hide cars in our neighborhood). But, the real surprise came when he saw his whole family and a bunch of his friends all waiting for him on the deck and patio. We even rounded up Rich and Ryan (pictured), his two best buddies from grade school, and their fourth partner in crime, Ray, called from Florida to say Happy Birthday. The guys stayed on late telling story after story from the old days. The kind of stories that make me glad I don't have kids who are going to do that stuff.I think David had a pretty good birthday, even if it was the 40th!
No comments:
Post a Comment